T.F. Watson, a Birmingham builder, designed a folding sidecar that could be wheeled through through the narrow alleys between terraced houses. In 1912 he established the Watsonian Folding Sidecar Co.
His company ourished, building sidecar ambulances during the Great War and models for leisure, sport and tradesmen when peace returned. Following a devastating re in 1930, the factory relocated to a huge building in the Greet district of Birmingham.