First seen in 1938, with a lightweight all-aluminium body, production of the original International was interrupted by the Second World War and it was not available to the public until 1950, when it was entered in the International Six Days Trial at Llandrindod Wells. The Watsonian management team of Ron Watson and Cliff Bennett also competed regularly on an International outfit in trials events in the early Fifties, as part of a campaign to promote a sportier image for sidecars.
Designed primarily for road use, the new version of the International has a fibreglass body, for ease of maintenance and durability, and matching mudguard, fitted with indicator and tail light. Beneath the bench seat is a generous-size locker, where luggage can be carried.
It is mounted on our proven platform chassis, which is made from tubular steel and is powder-coated for durability. Hydraulic suspension ensures a smooth and stable ride and the 16” wheel with stainless spokes completes its classic look.
Left or right side fitting
Watsonian International sidecars are designed to be fitted on either the left side or the right side of the motorcycle, to comply with laws and driving conditions in your region. To find out more about the law covering sidecars in the UK, click here